In order to receive the Greater Christchurch transport data you must register by completing the registration form at the bottom of this page. All personal information within the register should be kept current and any changes to personal information should be notified by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Registration for access to the data and / or use of the data will indicate your acceptance of all Terms and Conditions on this page. If you intend to use the data for anything that may breach any of the Terms and Conditions you must obtain written permission from Environment Canterbury Regional Council. Failure to do so will be regarded as a breach of our Terms and Conditions and could result in your rights to access being revoked and / or legal action taken.
You are able to;
1. Develop tools to publish or distribute - that display bus data for the Greater Christchurch and Timaru public transport regions
You agree to;
1. Ensure all information you publish will be timely and accurate and data will not be reworded or reformatted in any way that may provide misleading or inaccurate information.
2. Indemnify Environment Canterbury Regional Council of any direct or indirect loss, damage, cost or expense suffered or incurred by you in the use, display, adaptation or sharing of the data.
3. Indemnify Environment Canterbury of any and all responsibility in the breach of any patent that you may directly or indirectly cause in the use of the information.
4. That all intellectual property rights are owned by Environment Canterbury Regional Council.
5. Be solely responsible for any actions you take based on the information obtained through the data and all outcomes resulting from your use of the information.
You agree not to;
1. Use any data for any improper, injurious, offensive or unlawful ways.
2. Use the data in any way that may cause detriment to or bring Environment Canterbury Regional Council into disrepute.
3. Use any Environment Canterbury Regional Council branding, trade names, trademarks, logos or domain names (including Metro or Metroinfo branding) on any application or web interfaces created. Put advertising alongside, below, above or within the data.
Availability of data
1. Environment Canterbury reserves the right to alter, suspend or delete any data temporarily or permanently at any time.
2. Environment Canterbury reserves the right to modify or upgrade the data from time to time and you are expected to ensure you obtain and use that modified or upgraded data.
3. Environment Canterbury reserves the right to change or add to these terms and conditions at any time without warning. Your continued use of the data after a change or addition will be treated as acceptance of the changed terms and conditions.
This information is accurate to the best of Environment Canterbury's knowledge and belief. Environment Canterbury has exercised all reasonable skill and care in the preparation, recording and management of this information but it accepts no liability in contract, tort or otherwise for any direct, indirect, consequential or incidental damage, loss, injury or expense that arises from any errors in the information, whether due to Environment Canterbury or a third party, or that arises from the provision, use, or misuse, of the information available from this site.
These data values have not been reviewed or edited and may be subject to change.
Environment Canterbury while providing this information in good faith, accepts no responsibility for any loss, damage, injury, or loss in value to any person, property, service or otherwise resulting from its use.
If accurate information, or other environmental data is required the user should contact Environment Canterbury’s Customer Services 0800 324636.
Some applications on the Environment Canterbury website require cookies in order to run properly.
This website application uses persistent cookies. A persistent cookie is stored and records the fact that a user has agreed to the data agreement so that the user does not have agree to the terms and conditions each time they access the site.
Disabling cookies on your web browser will mean that the applications that require them may not work properly.